Cuba Gooding Jr. breaks his silence since the groping scandal surrounding Piers Morgan Uncensored

Cuba Gooding Jr. first spoke after pleading guilty to forcibly touching a woman.

The 54-year-old Oscar winner was interviewed Piers Morgan Uncensoredavailable to stream on Flash, where he reflected on his groping scandal.

“The world knows, I pleaded guilty to the count of forcible touch, kissed a waitress. So, that’s that,” the Jerry Maguire actor told the Sky News host.

“I’m not here to disgrace anyone or, you know, take on any of these women who have made their statements.

“But it’s one of those times where I look back and say, ‘How did you get into this scenario, into this situation?’

“It’s like I said in court, I don’t want anyone to feel like they’ve been treated inappropriately or harassed by me in any way. I love my fans. I love men and women, all my fans.

“You don’t want to disappoint those who supported you and got you where you are today and my family, my friends who are responsible for the success I have today.

“You feel guilty and you get through that and you work on ways to better yourself.”

Stream Piers Morgan Uncensored on Flash first, Tuesday through Saturday. Flash gives you 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer only available for a limited time >

Gooding said he had “changed 100 percent” since his conviction.

“I don’t want this to stop me from connecting with my fans,” he said. “I don’t want this to deter me from connecting with the gregarious behavior in terms of the positive energy I have.

“I’m 10 times more aware of what’s going on around me and I just use that as my focus.”

The Boyz n the Hood star facing six counts of sexual assault and forcible touching – sentenced in 2018 to a forcible touch charge in Manhattan criminal court for non-consensually kissing a woman in a nightclub, Page six reported.

In April, Gooding avoided jail time after pleading guilty to a lesser charge in his Manhattan sexual assault case.

The plea deal, which allows the actor to continue working, requires him to continue treatment for alcohol abuse, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office said.

If he complies with the terms of the deal, the charges will be reduced to a non-criminal offense within six months.

Gooding served up to a year behind bars for groping three women in Manhattan hotspots in 2018 and 2019.

He was first arrested in June 2019 for allegedly squeezing the chest of a 30-year-old woman at the Moxy Hotel in Times Square.

The actor was also charged with pinching the buttocks of TAO Downtown server Natasha Ashworth in October 2018 and subjecting a woman to “without consent sexual contact” at LAVO Nightclub on the Upper East Side.

Gooding had initially pleaded not guilty to the three separate alleged incidents, and his trial was repeatedly postponed due to Covid-19.

Last month, the Men of honor star was ordered to pay Ms Ashworth $80,000 ($A118,400) in a civil lawsuit that he never responded to in court, according to the New York Post.

Ms Ashworth won a default judgment against the disgraced actor in June after the court case had dragged on for almost two years with no response.

— with page six

Leave a Comment