Want to see how your Xbox gaming performance compares to your friends? Here’s how to compare your game stats.
Working on and progressing through a game’s challenges, unlocking achievements, and increasing your gamer score are very rewarding features of Xbox gaming.
For the social attributes of progress, challenges, and achievements, you may want to know how you stack up against one of your online friends’ stats on a particular game you’re working on.
If comparing stats with friends on Xbox is your thing, we can help.
How to compare with friends on your Xbox
To compare your own game stats with friends on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, do the following:
- press the Xbox button to the . to open Guide menu on your Xbox screen.
- Of the Guide menu, press the Right bumper navigate to Profile & System.
- Select your own profile and enter the . in My profile menu.
- press the Right bumper again until you navigate to the Gaming tab of your profile options.
- Below the Performance tab, there is a section above your played games titled Compare gamesselect this option to compare stats with friends.
- Opening the Compare games option should cause a list of your Xbox friends to appear. Simply select which friend you want to compare games with.
- After this, you should be taken back to the Performance section of your profile with a list of games. Select a game from the listed titles to compare with your friend’s stats.
- With a game selected, you should be able to see how your gamerscore, unlocked achievements, and specific game-based challenges compare between you and your friend.
The My profile Xbox account settings can also improve your Xbox experience outside of game comparisons. Things like dynamic themes for your Xbox home screen and custom online avatars that flag your profile to friends can all be accessed through the My profile options.
Most importantly, the steps above allow you to use your profile settings to compare certain stats with your friends.
The Xbox Stats You Can Compare With Friends
As for the stats you can view and compare with your friends, this may be unique to the game you want to compare.
The most comparable stat is always achievements, and Xbox has made unlocking and comparing achievements easier. With the ability to reveal secret achievements on Xbox, you can compare previously hidden achievements.
For most titles, unlocked achievements, gamerscore, and unique challenges for the specific game you select will almost always appear regardless of the game selected.
However, things like time played are not guaranteed to be tracked by your account and therefore will not always appear when comparing games.
Be aware that not all comparable stats for one game are guaranteed to be available for another game.
Compare game stats with the Xbox app
In addition to comparing game stats directly through your Xbox console itself, you can also compare stats with friends through the Xbox app for iOS and Android.
To compare game stats on the Xbox app for iOS and Android:
- Go to your account page by clicking on your profile gamer image.
- Select Performance and then hit To compare.
- Just like the console options, you can then select a friend from the list displayed and all similar games and stats should appear.
This is a bit more useful if you want to compare stats while away from your Xbox.
Enjoy tracking your Xbox stats with friends
Now that you know how to compare Xbox stats with friends, you can see exactly how you and your friends are doing in your favorite games.
You can even see what you can be your Xbox friends for, and you may feel the need to hone performance to stay ahead of your rival.
Fortunately, Xbox’s Remote Play feature lets you work on achievements and your game stats even when you’re away from your console.